Monday, December 18, 2006

Jazz it up for the holidays!!!


After a long weekend of baking, shopping and putting the final touches on our home for Christmas Day it seems that I am getting more excited each day! I know that for kids its all about getting gifts but for me the joy is giving gifts….it’s so awesome to give someone that special gift that they have been wanting or needing! It’s my favorite time of the year!!

This year Christmas Eve will be at my Mother in Laws home and should be wonderful! She is so talented with cooking, baking and decorating! My husbands family will all be there and it should be so much fun!! Then Christmas Day will be at our home with all of my family, with the exception of the few that will be in Acapulco (lucky!)!!! We have a feast planned that should be outrageous from Honeybaked Ham, My Mom’s Famous Broccoli Salad, and Frozen Peppermint Pie!! My husband and I are really looking forward to being with both of our families this Christmas!

Speaking of family…the ornaments that are shown in this picture were given to me this year with my birthday gift from my cousins. My Grandma Gwen painted these about 50 years ago! The entire collection of ornaments was made from Duncan molds (before bisque was here!) and Duncan Glazes. Of course she “jazzed them up” with some crystals and gems she had which was so her style! Now when I look at them it reminds me of how ahead of her time she was with her stylish and retro ornaments! I plan on using them as a centerpiece on our dining table for Christmas day!

For me the best holiday gifts are my family and friends!!!
Enjoy your holiday!

Artfully yours,
Ceramic Diva

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these ornaments! Very today and yet from the past. They'll look great on your table and carry huge sentimental value. Thanks for sharing with the internet world!

Anonymous said...

When someone gives you a gift with such sentimental value it sometimes is hard to actually use them out of fear they might be damaged or lost. I think by you using them, it will be that you will honor your grandmother and your family for sharing! Hope you have a merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

These are so amazing! So do you know of anyplace I can get these type of ornaments? I would love to make some like this...you and your family have a Merry Christmas.