Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Little Mystery...


On our way to the Winchester Mystery House I couldn't believe the developments that have popped up in the area! There is a shopping area "Santana Row" that looks like a combination of Italy and France...really beautiful. The shops ranged from Donald J. Pliner to Sur La Table...

they have EVERYTHING!!! (next time my mom and I need a place to go shop we are going here!)
Our tour began at 11:30 and was about an hour long...

The story is Sarah L. Winchester spent about 38 year remodeling and adding onto her house...some rooms had great details while others were lacking those finishing touches. Although I do have to say her Tiffany Art Glass collection was stunning. Plus the original ceramic tiles that were surrounding the fireplaces were beautiful...the colors were so rich and creamy. It totally reminded me of some of the colors we offer at Duncan...like our Designer Glazes™. The amount of money that was spent on this mansion is crazy...but I can't get over how much time was spent...24 hours a day and 7 days a week! In 38 years that is a total of 332,880 hours total!!!


On our way home we stopped at Casa de Fruta (a family tradition!) and got a little snack to help us make it home! I love traveling...but there is no place like home!


Artfully Yours,

Ceramic Diva

No comments: