Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It IS Easy Being Green!

Ok...for those of you who grew up in the 70's/80's (like me) I am sure you know who Kermit is!! I like to call him "Kermy"...for some reason there has ALWAYS been a soft spot for him in my heart.
A little Kermy history lesson...prototype Kermit was created from a green ladies' coat that Jim Henson's mother had thrown in the trash can, and two ping pong balls for eyes. The early Kermit was a sort of lizard-like creature...and his first appearance as a frog was in the television special "Hey Cinderella in 1969", and he's been a frog ever since! He also had several appearances on Sesame Street...I am sure everyone remembers the song "Bein' Green"!! (ok...yes I still get misty-eyed when I see a re-run!) Plus he has has several movies (yes...I have seen them ALL!)
But most of all its amazing to know that Kermit was made from "recycled" clothing...and now he is making an appearance for "BEING GREEN!" in ads...like the Ford Escape Hybrid!
For more tips on turning yourself green...click here!
I love Kermit...and I love my new bag (thanks sis)!
Artfully Yours,
Ceramic Diva

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Kermit too..He & Miss Piggy were so hilarious together! I had no idea that he was first created by a old ladies coat!