Friday, May 25, 2007

Duncan Polytechnical Portfolio Day


Duncan Polytechnical High School was created in 1985 as a 4-year speciality school organized around five career pathways: Agriculture, Heath, Public Service, Business and Industrial Technology. Duncan Poly is considered a model school for occupational education...So I was honored that I was asked to participate in Portfolio Day!


It started with a brief orientation and then I was off to go to my classroom! I had a group 9th graders first...who were so nervous and then a group of 10th graders! Everyone did an exceptional job! Each student had put together a portfolio of the work they had completed over the school year, plus talked about their career path. After each group of presentations I had to fill out an evaluation form...giving my feedback about the good and bad of each portfolio/presentation. The students were so enthusiastic and eager to share information about school, family life, and their special interests.


It was an amazing experience and I hope to be invited back next year!


Artfully Yours,

Ceramic Diva


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! How cool that sounds, you are very lucky.