Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Treats!

Sunday my Mom and I went to Farmers Market for an outdoor breakfast...I haven't been to Farmers Market since my previous career in retail...it doesn't change! Still fun, fresh foods, and delicious treats! We ate breakfast at the French Crepe Co....FABULOUS!!! My mom had "La Versailles" (Crepe filled with fresh strawberries and lightly sprinkled with sugar) and I went for the decadent La Napoleon (Crepe filled with Nutella, fresh strawberries and bananas)! After a breakfast like that we had to walk it off!!!
We hit up kiosks to check out the Pandora Charms, bought an adorable LA Dodgers jersey for my dog Shadow, shopped Anthropologie, Arden B., Marciano, Michael Stars, Nordies, and Tracey Allen Jewelery. Plus a major bonus was while we were shopping inside Nordies shoe department I noticed they were setting up for someone to sing...I though it was going to be some piano player doing show tunes for Mother's Day or something...I was WRONG! It was Robin Thicke (for those of you who remember the TV show Growing Pains it's Alan Thicke's son!!) who is a great new artist...I just fell in love with his voice! But we got to see him upclose! It was way cool!!! Only in LA!

After all of the shopping we decided to hit up Sunset Blvd on our way home...this strip is filled with beautiful upscale shops, along with kitschy boutiques, plus fantastic restaurants! We decided to have a late lunch-early dinner at Mel's Diner...where we saw our SECOND star of the day...this time it was Vin Diesel!!!
We had a magnificent time! The best thing about our trip wasn't the shopping, food or the stars...but it was spending a weekend with my best friend...my mom!
Happy Mother's Day!
Artfully Yours,
Ceramic Diva

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day! If you didn't get a chance to, send your mom a great e-card from http://www.hipstercards.com/ even if you're a little late, it will be worth the wait!

Ceramic Diva said...

Thanks Jeannie!

I just sent her a hipstercard! What a great site, thank you for sharing...always looking for fresh new ecards to send out!